Crews respond to small electrical fire in Missoula home


POSTED: 5:06 PM Nov 25 2012
Electrical fire

An electrical shortage sparked a small fire in Missoula home this morning.

Missoula firefighters responded to the house on Bridger Court Loop in South Missoula around 10:30 a.m.

Firefighters said a ceiling fan in a basement bathroom in the home was smoldering and melted the surrounding electrical wires but never burst into big flames.

The residents used a fire extinguisher and evacuated the home. Firefighters report nobody was hurt and there is no significant damage to the home.