Chimney problem thought to be cause of Grass Valley fire
Missoula firefighters battled through windy and wet conditions Wednesday night to fight a fully involved house fire west of Missoula.
Crews were dispatched to the blaze on Grass Valley Drive around 9:30 p.m.
Initial reports were that one man was still believed to be inside the residence, sleeping, but neighbors later confirmed the man made it safely outside.
At least 5 engines were counted on scene.
Around 10 p.m., fire officials said they were still calling more engines and manpower
The MRFD Fire Investigation Team’s initial findings point to a potential problem with the chimney as the cause of the fire. The investigation is ongoing.