BOZEMAN, Mont. -

Condo residents were evacuated on the south side of Bozeman on Tuesday evening after a mattress apparently caught fire from a furnace.

The call came in just before 9:30 on Tuesday night of smoke coming from a condo at the Hawks Ridge condos off of Kagy near 19th.

We're told nearby residents were quickly evacuated, and are were standing outside until about 10:30.

There appears to be minimal damage as fire fighters quickly took control and kept the fire from spreading.

Residents told us they attempted to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.

Authorities are investigating the fire. We will update as we learn more.