Two bald eagles are recovering from an apparent poisoning.
The first eagle was found Friday in a pasture in the Bitterroot.
A Lolo woman, Leslie Wustrack, spotted the second eagle her pasture last Saturday. According to Wustrack, "He raised his head when I went within 8 ft of him. He tried very hard to be alert but he couldn?t maintain and his head slumped forward w/ his beak to the ground."
According to Wild Skies Raptor Rehabilitation. The birds may have been poisoned by bait left for coyotes, or by feeding on euthanized cattle.
The birds were transferred to the Montana Wildlife Nature Center In Helena. Their conditions have improved.
Wildlife officials have released one of the eagles and expect to release the other once recovered.