BUTTE, Mont. -

The fire was reported around 11:45 a.m. on Thursday on Silver Bow Blvd.

According Butte-Silver Bow Fire Marshal John Lasky, the house is completely totaled.

No one was injured, but two dogs perished in the fire.

According to family members of the home owners the loss of the dogs is the most devastating, everything else is replaceable.

Home owners said they had one dog for 5 years and the other for 6 years.

Lasky said after investigation it was determined the fire started in the kitchen.

He said a waste basket was on top of the gas stove top and it appeared one of the burners was partially on.

Lasky said the fire department responded to the call in four minutes and after arrival had the fire out in 15 minutes.

He said fires are a lot more dangerous in mobile homes than regular structures.

Lasky said due to the materials they are made out of mobile homes tend to burn quicker.

The estimated cost of damage is about $40,000 to $50,000.

Lasky said the home owners do have insurance.